26.8 C
Nigeria
May 22, 2026
Celebrity Gist

Why Burna Boy Is Trending: DJ Tunez Clash, Social Media Fallout and Music Ban Confusion

Burna Boy is currently dominating entertainment conversations online following the fallout from a reported altercation involving DJ Tunez at a Lagos nightlife event. Multiple Nigerian outlets reported that the incident happened earlier this week at Obi’s House, a popular Afrobeats gathering, and that it quickly spilled from the venue into wider public debate across entertainment media and social platforms.

The story gained even more momentum after Burna Boy addressed the matter during an Instagram Live session. In that appearance, he pushed back against claims that DJ Tunez was attacked by a group from his camp, insisting instead that no one else touched the DJ and that he alone slapped him. Premium Times and The Guardian both reported that the singer used the live session to challenge the version of events already circulating online.

On the social media side, the controversy widened as reactions poured in from other major figures in the music industry. Vanguard reported that Wizkid later weighed in on X with a post widely seen as a jab at Burna Boy, while earlier reports also indicated that DJ Tunez had responded online after the clash became public. Those exchanges helped push the story beyond a nightclub incident into a broader celebrity and fan-driven online confrontation.

Another layer of confusion came from reports that Nigerian DJs had suspended Burna Boy’s songs from playlists. Punch reported that a statement circulated online announcing a temporary withdrawal of Burna Boy’s music after the clash. But on Thursday, the Deejays Association of Nigeria, DJAN, publicly denied placing any ban on his songs, described the reports as false and misleading, and said its logo had been used without authorization.

What this means is that Burna Boy is trending for three connected reasons at once: the original clash with DJ Tunez, his own attempt to control the narrative through Instagram Live, and the confusion created by conflicting claims about an industry boycott. For now, the clearest verified developments are that the altercation has sparked online uproar, Burna Boy has publicly denied the “group assault” version of events, and DJAN says it has not officially banned his music.

Related posts

Sowore Opposes B-Lord’s Detention, Calls for Immediate Release

ApexNews

Emmanuella Ropo Denies Rumours About Her Children, Threatens Legal Action Over Defamation

ApexNews

VDM–B-Lord Case: Court Remand Sparks Debate Over Bail, Identity Use and Presumption of Innocence

ApexNews

Leave a Comment